“Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions.” (Bill Allin, Sociologist and Education Activist).
“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” (Isaac Asimov, Former Professor of Biochemistry at Boston University and author of over five hundred books).
During my journey of shaping my research skills, I have read hundreds books on scientific writing, research methodology, presentation techniques, english grammar, and many more. Here are some books worth reading to boost your personal experience:
- Writing for computer science – Justin Zobel
- From research to manuscript – Michael J. Katz
- How to write a better thesis – David Evans, Justin Zobel, Paul Gruba
- Eloquent science – David M. Schultz
- Writing science – Joshua Schimel
- Marketing for scientists – Marc J. Kuchner
- Made to stick – Chip and Dan Heath
General writing style
- The elements of style – William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White
- On writing well – William Zinsser
Grammar and phrasebook
- Phrasebook for writing paper and research in english – Stephen Howe, Kristina Henriksson
- English for writing research papers – Adrian Wallwork